- Symbolism: mountain, rope, the voice, They refer to the mountain differently about how they feel about it.
- Narrative voice/ Narrative perspective/ Point of narration: Joe Simpson and Simon Yates
- Figurative Language: simile, metaphor, personification, hyperbole
- Imagery: the combination of descriptive language an techniques for certain effects.
- Conflict (tension filled moments): created through word choice and syntax.
- Syntax (sentence structures): different types have different effects.
- Climax (turning point): syntax, word choice, dialogue
- Dialogue: different speaker traits